The Symmetry Safety 3-Panel Door is one of the most reliable residential elevator car doors on the market. When coupled with a Flush Mount Door and Frame, our Safety 3-Panel Elevator Door creates minimal space between the elevator door and the landing door.
Offered exclusively by Symmetry Elevators, the Safety 3-Panel Elevator Door is an attractive alternative to a standard accordion gate. The standard features of the Safety 3-Panel Elevator Door meet the home elevator safety standards laid out by the ASME A17.1 Safety Code for Elevators and Escalators and include the following:
- Manual Car Door Operation: The trailing panel of the car door measures 2 inches from the edge of the car sill and fits within the requirements of the ¾” x 4″ rule, with a maximum running clearance and maximum hoistway door set back of ¾ inch
- Height of Opening: 7’0″
- Car Door Opening: 33-inch clear opening (fits in a “typical” hoistway with a 36-inch wide car)
- To meet home elevator safety standards, the Safety 3-Panel Elevator Door can withstand a force of 75 lbs without permanent deformation or displacing the door from its guide tracks.
- Standard Finish: Black
Like almost every aspect of a home elevator, you can customize the Symmetry Safety 3-Panel Elevator Door with add-on features and options. Optional features include:
- Light Curtain: Standard as a secondary protective device if the unit is installed under ASME A17.1 (2013 and prior); optional if it is installed under ASME A17.1 (2016 and newer)
- Power Car Door Operation
- Height of Opening: 7’11”; custom heights available
- Car Door Opening: 36-inch clear opening (fits in a “typical” hoistway with a 40-inch wide car)
- Vision Panels: Available with Clear or Bronze acrylic
- Car Door: Available in Stainless Steel or powder-coated steel
The Symmetry Safety 3-Panel Elevator Door is available in multiple finishes to coordinate with the décor in any home. The standard color is Black, but the door also comes in Ivory, Architetural White, Grey, or Brushed Stainless Steel.
Benefits of the Symmetry Safety 3-Panel Elevator Door
- Style: a 3-panel elevator door is aesthetically pleasing and often suites your home decor better than an elevator gate.
- Reliability: The dependability of the Safety 3-Panel Elevator Door reduces the risk of repair work.
- Safety: The Symmetry Safety 3-Panel Elevator Door meets or exceeds all home elevator safety standards.
At Symmetry, our authorized dealer network installs elevators in homes every day, and rarely have they seen an elevator door that meets the customers’ needs as well as the Safety 3-Panel Elevator Door. Download our Symmetry Safety 3-Panel Door Info Sheet today to learn more about the design and features of this smart, reliable elevator door. Still have questions? Contact your local Symmetry dealer today for help choosing the right home elevator for your needs!