When it comes to the details of your home elevator, customization is critical to your ongoing satisfaction. One area of the elevator that allows for vast personalization is the car operating panel, or COP. You will utilize the car operating panel each time you ride the elevator, so making sure the controls meet your needs is critical.
When planning for your elevator controls, think of how the elevator will be used.
- Will an individual with limited mobility require the use of a remote to call the elevator to the desired landing?
- Will the elevator require the use of a grandparent’s switch or keypad to allow for limitation of access?
- Will the elevator have a landing in a private area of the home where an amber position indicator would provide a less abrasive glow?
A number of options exist to ensure your hall call and car operating panel are the perfect fit for your project and will enhance the functionality of the elevator.
Each manufacturer provides options for customization of your elevator controls. Potential customizations include:
- The size and shape of the car operating panel itself can vary. The COP can include square corners, or it can be manufactured with a slimline profile.
- A variety of available finishes including brushed or polished stainless steel or brass, powder-coated metal, blackened stainless steel or a variety of wood species.
- The COP can include engraving.
- The color of the position indicator can be adjusted to reduce the ambient glow.
- Your COP can be adapted to include emergency phone, keypad and speaker.
Reflecting Your Personality
When planning for your home elevator, customization is key. A local home elevator company can work with you to ensure you are aware of all of the areas of the elevator where you can refine small details. Ask your local representative to see samples of finishes and photos of completed projects so that you can better understand how to personalize your elevator controls to fit your needs.